Grammarly – Never Make A Grammar Mistake Again
Remember all the grammar struggles when you had to deliver the perfect rapport? Or the perfect assignment? Well, those days are now forever over! I’d like to introduce you to Grammarly. Since I’ve found out about this extension, there’s not a single occasion in which I haven’t used it. So that’s why I decided to write an article about this great extension!
Never make a Grammar mistake again..
With Grammarly, you can insert every piece you want to, and it automatically checks the whole text for you. Sounds great right? But it gets even better.. You can also download the Grammarly extension for Chrome / Safari / FireFox or Internet Explorer and it checks your text, while you’re typing it. The extension has saved me so many times, so I can recommend it to everyone. Stop making grammar mistakes and start using this great extension!
Grammarly doesn’t only have a plug-in for your browser, but it also supports Microsoft Office, you can download the extension here: Grammarly for Office
Unfortunately, Grammarly doesn’t have a plug-in for the Office programs on iOS.
How does it work?
From my own experience, I can say that Grammarly is really easy to work with. It works like this:
- You create an account and log in on Grammarly.com on your browser.
- Then you go to your dashboard and you open a new document.
- After that, you can write or copy something in that document, and after a few seconds, Grammarly underlines everything that isn’t correct.
- The website gives you some alternatives, which you can click, and then Grammarly automatically changes them in the text.
Grammarly has two versions, one is free, and the other, well, the other is not. The paid version is called Grammarly Premium and costs 29 dollars a month, or 139 dollars a year. You’ll get the following extras with Premium:
- An extra 100 advanced grammar and spelling checks.
- Vocabulary enhancement suggestions.
- Genre-specific writing style checks.
- Plagiarism detection.
It’s up to you to decide if these add-ons are worth the money. Personally, I think it’s not worth it since the free version is also working fine for me.
The Real Deal?
Is Grammarly the real deal when it comes to grammar checkers? In my opinion, it is, I’ve never used a better working checker than this one, and I totally recommend it to everyone. Can Grammarly replace an English expert when it comes to language? No, it can’t. But it will save you on a few occasions, which is always nice.
Thank you for reading ~ Dave